Pistachio Date Topped Chocolate Slice
I found a Paleo chocolate slice recipe to make, but I made up my own topping for it. You can find the original recipe here at Get Fit Ulladulla. I stayed very true to the recipe so I’m not going to write up the details for the main part of the slice.
Just the topping…
- 1 handful of raw pistachio kernels
- 1 handful of raw cashews
- 10 dates
- 3-4 tablespoons of sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- some coconut oil melted
- a little bit of honey to taste
- Process the pistachio, cashews and dates until crumbly mix of small particles
- In a small bowl mix the sunflower seed butter with a little honey and some coconut oil. Only use the extra oil if your nut butter is dry. It should be soft and spreadable like cake frosting.
- When your slice has cooled, spread the nut butter mix over the top and then sprinkle a thick layer of the nut and date crumbles all over it. Pat it down so that it sticks in the frosting as much as possible.
Then cut the slice into pieces and store in an airtight container if they don’t get eaten immediately.